3:50pm, Friday 3 January 2003
Not a bad way to spend three hours of Boxing Day.
I wondered how well The Two Towers would work on the big screen, because of the three separate story threads that don't really overlap (Frodo & Sam, Aragorn/Legolas/Gimli, Merry & Pippin), and also because this part of the trilogy doesn't have a clear beginning and end. Peter Jackson has made a decent job of it, although he has fiddled with the plot somewhat on the way.
- the opening sequence with Gandalf and the Balrog
- the battle scenes at Helm's Deep
- Legolas leaping onto the horse
- Elrond being the "bad dad" to Arwen
- the Ents - not as leafy as I expected!