12:44pm, Wednesday 27 February 2008
Based on this recipe, here's a dairy-free chocolate truffle recipe.
- 250g dark chocolate (Green & Black's 70% works well)
- 50g margarine (e.g. Pure spread)
- 75-100ml fake cream (Oatley works OK)
- less than half a teaspoon vanilla essence
- cocoa powder
- Break the chocolate into a bowl and microwave it until it's melted. Add the margarine and stir well.
- Gradually add the cream, then the vanilla essence, stirring well.
- Chill the mixture in the fridge for 10-20 minutes.
- Make spoonfuls of the mixture into balls and cover lightly in cocoa.
- Keep the truffles cool; in the fridge is probably too cold.
Makes about 30 small truffles or about 12 greedy pig large truffles.